HVAC Service TechnicianHouston, Texas, United States
Potential: $60,000 / $80,000
Category: Full Time
Job Class: Technical
Posted: January 20, 2020
Make more money than you ever thought possible while getting the best training in Texas.
Enjoy a family company who will invest in you. We pay 18% commission on service work and 9% on all equipment sales. We have the best training and pay the highest rate in town. Work the schedule that fits you. Start early or sleep in. We dispatch from home and offer all major benefits like health care and paid vacation. Year-round work with Greater Houston’s #1 family-owned HVAC company with over 50 years. We are very busy and need to add more honest, hard-working and experienced technicians to our team. Good technical and people skills required. Come grow with us.
John Moore Services is offering the highest pay in town! Employment includes complete benefits package, including 401K, take home vehicle, gas card, cell phone and EZ tag. We are seeking career minded HVAC Service Technicians who want "Moore" for themselves and their families. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Service Technicians who put their customers first. If this describes you and you want to join the best Residential Service Company in town, please apply on line now.
All applicants must be willing to submit to and pass a pre-hire drug screen and background check (including driving report).
- HOURLY PAY (best in the area)
- In addition to our generous hourly pay, there are additional bonus programs in place:
- Year End Trips based on production
- Spiffs on various products
- Semi-annual bonuses
- Unlimited referral bonus (HVAC, Electrical, renovations, pest control, water restoration, indoor air quality, and insulation)
- NO BEING ON CALL! Your time off is YOUR TIME!
- Benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K and more
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Easy, long-term financing now makes it easy to close deals!
- 2+ years of experience
- Occupied Residential Installation experience referred installing HVAC systems
- Must be registered with the State of Texas through TDLR
- Must possess EPA card Type II or above
- Good sales abilities
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with a good driving record (No DUIs for the past 5 years)
- Clean criminal record - no felonies on your criminal background report for the past 7 years
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
- Able to lift 75+ pounds
- Performing repairs and maintenance on a variety of equipment including refrigeration, air conditioning electric motors, heating units, heat pumps and hermetic compressors;
- Achieve monthly sales goals set by the manager(s).
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) units for residential customers; diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customers.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoices, obtain customers signature at the completion of the job; process electronic credit card payments; obtain and input accurate customer contact information including address, phone number(s) and email addresses.
- Accurately document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, necessary test measurements, and take pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer's recommendations; clearly & professionally communicate to the customer what the current issues are and explain what is necessary to correct them.
- Actively participate in company provided training opportunities to stay informed on current industry technologies.
- Identify and report to the HVAC manager potential opportunities for additional business and maintain a set close rate.
Started in 1965, John Moore Services is a well-established and well-respected fixture in the Houston Home Services marketplace. Family-owned and operated, our focus and our success begins with our people. John Moore is dedicated to its employees, providing a work environment that encourages learning, personal and professional growth. John Moore maintains a state of the art facility, great tools and vehicles, excellent benefits, and great pay along with managers who care about your future.
◄ Learn more about John Moore, our management team and company culture.
Share this Job Opportunity